Upcycling clothes into rugs!

Upcycling clothes into rugs!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

WIDE warp

Continuing the story of the wide warp -- it took probably three hours to finish warping this monster. 
This is the warp completely pulled through the heddles, and tied loosely in groups. This pic is actually from the front of the loom, and here is where I switch my chair from the back to the front, reaching over the beater bar and the front beam to work on it. 
Now, one by one, I pull the warp threads through the reed with a hook that looks like a giant crochet hook. At this point, you can start to see the patterns and color combinations coming together.
Then I tie the warp onto the apron bar and start adding my mother's secret spacers: cereal box cardboard strips.

 Please be assured that Simple Dog is watching over every step of this operation. Especially if I have snacks involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment